Ever considered working in an auction house? Looking for either full or part time work?
Wellers are always on the lookout for new talent. We cannot always guarentee that we have a position available but these vacancies can vary from full-time (39h p/w) to part-time jobs (Friday & Saturday mornings), such as Auction/Warehouse Assistant, and this role includes the following:
1. Setting up our General Auctions, unloading pallets and organising items ready to be sold.
2. Scan and upload item information into excel spreadsheets before they are uploaded onto the auction software and the Wellers website.
3. Photographing of auction items using DSLR Cameras and have a good eye for detail.
4. Picking customer items that have been won through our online auctions, ensuring their items are prepared for collection through our click & collect service.
5. Training to become an ‘Auctioneer’ will be provided if there is a desire to learn new skills.
6. Working at off-site sales when appropriate (Most likely post-Covid).
Wellers is a small but friendly team and we would like to hear from you if you think the auction world could be the next step in your career!
If you are interested in working for an auction house and want to find out more please submit your CV to our Operations Director , Mike, by clicking HERE.
You may be suitable for a role at Wellers if:
- You are interested in pursuing a career in an auction house. If you should have an interest in the auction world in general and possess accurate keyboard skills then we are always invite people to submit their CV’s.
- The best candidate will be an individual who has the ability to work well within a close knit team of professionals. A good sense of humour is essential as well as an assertive but diplomatic character.
- You will find yourself dealing with members of the public at off-site auctions (Not Applicable during Covid) and a strong resilient personality will also be an attribute.
- Ability to work under pressure, balancing conflicting priorities and being well organised are also desirable traits.
- You should also have some understanding and experience of Excel/Word/Office365 but training will be given.
- Fork lift licence would be preferable.
- Availability to work weekends if required but not compulsory.
- Part-time roles will require weekend work on Saturday mornings.
Wellers are also willing to train the successful candidate to become an Auctioneer if that is something they would be interested in. We look forward to hearing from you, so please submit your CV above.